Luke Bell’s cause of death has been released after he went missing for a week, then was found dead on Aug. 26.
The Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner in Arizona released the autopsy report for the country singer on Tuesday.
Bell, 32, died of an accidental fentanyl overdose, according to the Sun, which obtained a copy of the report. There was drug paraphernalia found at the scene.
The report also claimed that Bell suffered from arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
The Post has reached out to the Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner for comment.
A passerby found Bell unresponsive in a shaded area of a parking lot. He’d gone missing on Aug. 20 in Tucson while he and fellow country singer Matt Kinman were in town to visit Kinman’s family and perform music, according to TMZ.
Allegedly, his fatal disappearance was not the first time he’d gone missing.
He found it difficult to cope with his bipolar disorder and had disappeared in the past, but was always found, the late singer’s manager, Brian Buchanan, told TMZ.
“Luke fought this as hard as he could, but the disease got the better of him,” Buchanan said. “When he was beating the disease, he was the sweetest and most generous guy. He’s found peace now and there’s some comfort.”
Kinman told police that Bell had a recent change in his medication that might have “played a role” in his disappearance, but did not elaborate further.