The 2022 season has been a pretty big disaster for Fantasy purposes, but with the emergence of Justin Fields and Tua Tagovailoa it was starting to look better. We even had 15 quarterbacks score 20 Fantasy points in Week 11. Unfortunately, four of those quarterbacks — Geno Smith, Tom Brady, Trevor Lawrence, and Tagovailoa — are on bye in Week 11.
Back to the drawing board.
The first place we often look for streamers is to the matchups. Even that doesn’t offer a lot of hope. The Lions face Kenny Pickett, the Raiders get Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert faces the Chiefs, and Jimmy Garoppolo gets the Arizona Cardinals. Those are four of the top five in terms of Fantasy points allowed to quarterbacks. The other is the Dolphins, who aren’t playing anyone this week.
The point is, don’t be surprised to see Wilson, Herbert, and Garoppolo inside our top 12 despite their struggles this season. And don’t be surprised if you see Pickett in the streaming section below. It’s not so much that there are great reasons to hope they’ll be better, it’s just that it’s another weak week at quarterback and they face the worst defenses.
The one exception would be Herbert. His Chargers trail only the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in pass rate this season and coach Brandon Staley expects both Mike Williams and Keenan Allen back at practice this week. If Herbert gets those two back, he may actually be someone we should be excited to start. And with his rest of season schedule, he may also be the best buy low at the quarterback position right now.
Let’s get to the rest of the preview:
Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Week 11 QB Preview
Numbers to know
- 184.9 — Justin Fields leads the NFL with 184.9 Fantasy points since Week 5.
- 82.6 — Passer rating for Justin Herbert since Week 2. Hopefully he gets Mike Williams and Keenan Allen back this week.
- 30 — Patrick Mahomes is 13-0 in his career in road divisional games, with 30 touchdown passes and four interceptions.
- 50.5 – In three career games versus the Patriots, Zach Wilson has a 50.5 passer rating and has thrown just two touchdown passes. In those games, the Jets average just 12.0 points per game.
- 6 – Interceptions for Josh Allen in his past three games.
- 31.5 — Fantasy points for Russell Wilson versus the Raiders in Week 4, easily his best performance of the season.
- 88 — Kenny Pickett has 88 rushing yards in his past two games combined. If he could do anything as a passer, he has easy top-12 upside.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets
Adds/Streamers (QB Preview)
One To Stash (QB Preview)