Katie Price blasts I’m A Celebrity for banning Richard Madeley from camp
KATIE Price has blasted I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! for banning Richard Madeley from returning to the camp, despite the presenter returning for an interview with hosts Ant and Dec.
Taking to Instagram, the mum-of-five shared her thoughts on the latest episode of the show but said she was confused by Richard’s ban.
Katie recorded the video from her hotel room in Cheltenham, where she is currently staying to visit her son Harvey, 19.
“Just seen the first half of the show and Richard done [sic] so well with his speech, he couldn’t be any more spot on about what it’s like behind the scenes,” the former model said.
“You think it’s a TV show but it does feel real in there, like the challenges, and it’s so true. When you do the trials, you don’t think of anything but trying to get them stars for the people to eat food.
“And there are no condiments or nothing for you food in there, so I’m glad to see he’s happy and well.”
Katie then went on to explain that she was confused about why producers won’t allow Richard to return to the show.
“So because of Covid reasons, they said he couldn’t go back in the camp. Then how’s he gone back in the camp to do an interview with Ant and Dec, who will be going in the camp when they reveal who’s doing the challenges?” she said.
“I can’t get my head around that either and he didn’t have a mask on or anything.”
Katie continued: “That’s just my pick of the show tonight, it just.. I don’t know if you lot thought that but you did, didn’t you Carl?” before turning the camera round to her fiancé.
She added that there “should be a vote to get Richard back in the camp.”
The 65-year-old star left crew and cast mates terrified when he suffered a medical emergency this week and he was quickly whisked to hospital.
While the TV favourite was then given the all clear to return to camp, he was forced out of the reality show because he’d broken the set’s ultra secure Covid bubble.
Richard has since returned to his London home, which he shares with wife Judy, and was pictured in high spirits earlier on Friday.
Richard then broke his silence on his departure in a bombshell interview with Ant and Dec on Friday night’s I’m A Celeb.