Looking For A COVID Test? You Have 13 New Options in Connecticut
The Connecticut Department of Health announced it will open 13 new COVID-19 testing sites by the end of this week.
The sites will dot the state, including a large drive-through test location open four days a week at Dodd Stadium in Norwich.
The goal, according to state officials, is to provide testing services closer to home for residents, especially those living in areas with lower vaccination rates and higher COVID-19 infection rates.
The sites are for people — vaccinated or not — who experience symptoms of the virus. Symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
People who believe they have been exposed to the virus through contact with someone who becomes sick can also be tested.
State-sponsored testing sites include:
This is the full list of state-sponsored testing locations:
- Bridgeport – North End Branch Library, Mondays to Wednesdays from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays from noon to 7 p.m.; Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon; and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
- Bristol – City Hall Parking Lot, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from noon to 7 p.m.
- Danbury – Waldren Veteran’s Hall, Mondays and Wednesdays from 3 to 7 p.m.; and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Danbury – PAL Building, Tuesdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to noon; and Thursdays from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Griswold – UCFS, Saturdays from 7 to 11a.m.
- Hartford – Corner of Albany Avenue and Woodland Street, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Killingly – Quinebaug Valley Community College, Fridays from 3 to 7 p.m.; and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.
- New Britain – Veterans Memorial Stadium, Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Fridays and Saturdays from noon to 7p.m.
- Norwalk – Roton Middle School, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 to 7 p.m.; and Saturdays and Sundays from 9a.m. to 1p.m.
- Norwich – Dodd Stadium, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Stamford – Stamford High School, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 4 to 7 p.m.; and Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Waterbury – Brass Mill Center Mall, Wednesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Willimantic/Windham – Willimantic Plaza, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
These sites are in addition to the testing opportunities at pharmacies and healthcare providers, including Hartford HealthCare (HHC). For more information on HHC locations, go to www.hartfordhealthcare.org/testing.