The 2022 Mets are built to win a World Series title.
With reinforcements already here and more on the way, this Mets team has what it takes to win it all. Some fans panicked over a few losses to bad teams. This team has battled adversity as well as anyone in baseball. They just needed the Braves to show they can lose here and there to calm people down. That finally happened over the weekend.
The Mets grand total of about 18 hours in second place evaporated quickly.
To discuss the Mets series win in Miami, taking first place back, players coming back this week and everything going on in Mets land, we bring you a new episode of the “Amazin’ But True” podcast with Nelson Figueroa and me.
Amazin’ But True’ Podcast with Jake Brown & Nelson Figueroa:
- METS RECLAIM 1ST PLACE: The Braves had sole possession of first place for less than 24 hours. The Mets took care of business over the weekend after a disappointing loss Friday. The bats came alive Saturday and Sunday.
- ESCOBAR’S HOT SEPTEMBER: Eduardo Escobar has not had a great season, but he is making up for it with a scorching hot September since he came off the IL at the end of August.
- GUILLORME’S RETURN: Luis Guillorme is back with the team. He gives the Mets a much-needed bat and allows them to do different things. Mark Vientos finally got the call up. They can use him at DH if they want. Jeff McNeil can play outfield with Starling Marte out.
- BUILT FOR TITLE RUN: With Tylor Megill back over the weekend, assuming Marte comes back healthy, the Mets are built for a championship run. They have depth, elite starting pitchers and a strong bullpen with Edwin Diaz, Adam Ottavino, Seth Lugo and Megill transformed into a bridge reliever.
- FIGGIE’S FABLE: Figgie looks back to being on the 2008 Mets and the team collapsing in September. The team was making plans already for the postseason in terms of travel, opponent, tickets, etc.
- STUMP THE BALDY: Producer Andrew Harts tries stumping me with some Mets trivia and has some success.
Catch up on all episodes of “Amazin’ But True,” a New York Mets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Jake Brown on Twitter and Instagram @JakeBrownRadio and Nelson Figueroa @FiggieNY. Follow the podcast on Twitter @AmazinButTrue.