Princess Charlene of Monaco leaves hospital following ‘serious’ infection complications | Royal | News
The Princess of Monaco, 43, was admitted to hospital on Wednesday and underwent treatment for an ear, nose and throat infection. Charlene collapsed due to complications from her condition before being admitted last week, but palace officials have stated that it is not a cause for concern.
“On the night of September 1, Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco was taken to hospital after becoming ill due to complications from a serious ENT infection,” the palace shared in a statement to PEOPLE.
“Her Highness is being closely followed by her medical team, who say her condition is reassuring.”
She was rushed to the hospital north of Durban on Wednesday, but the royal was reportedly due to undergo a scheduled second surgery for the condition on the same day.
The princess underwent her first procedure last month.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s children expecting new playmate
She has remained in South Africa since mid-May.
“She’s ready to come home,” Albert told PEOPLE.
“I know she’s said possibly late October, but that was before this most recent round of appointments.
“I’m pretty sure we can cut that time frame a little short.
“She’s jokingly said that she’s ready to stowaway on a ship to come back to Europe.”