The Power of the Page: Reading and Reducing Stress
Did you know that reading can actually help reduce stress in just six minutes?
Reading is an opportunity to:
- Be more aware and empathetic with yourself, your colleagues, patients and family by connecting with the story or the characters.
- Choose your own adventure.
- Reflect on how the story made you feel.
- Have fun!
Many of our co-workers, family and friends have been participating in virtual book clubs to connect and reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
Book clubs can help:
- Create deeper connections with each other.
- Spark creative ideas.
- Build problem-solving skills.
- Improve emotional intelligence.
Pick a book for your co-workers, family or friends, or let them choose one and schedule your first book club meeting virtually or in person. Here are more tips for a successful meeting.